Thursday, November 3, 2011

Magic of Light

light of morning
I explore the way early morning light is enhanced with fog.  Using this natural lighting effect in a rural landscape form makes the work transcend past a country farmland into a dreamlike state or a memory.  I am looking at what is around me in a sublime, ethereal light.  Each foggy morning is different from the next, transforming the land into fragmented arrangements of the familiar.  

glistening
To me part of the magic of light is what it allows you to see.  The light of morning gradually increases from a slight glow until rays of sunshine splash in and all is visible.  Fog, while similar to light in a way, being intangible or untouchable, clouds vision.  The refraction of light on the mist is glistening and resplendent.
fogscape puddle

While the light is magical the shadow is mysterious.  A blanket of fog can obscure vision in a vaporous blur.

1 comment:

  1. I love this top picture. Your work is Fabulous! I'm so glad you can share it now. :)

    ReplyDelete